Search by Brand
Hills Science Kitten Original (Healthy Development)
- Kittens, from weaning until 1 year old.
- Pregnant or nursing cats.
Not Recommended For
Long-term feeding to adult cats, unless they have higher than normal energy requirements.
Key Benefits Table
|Benefit||Nutrient||How It Works|
|Healthier immune within 90 days*||Vitamin C + E||Appropriate levels of clinically proven antioxidants to quickly build healthy cognitive and immune function.|
|Proper brain and eye development||DHA from high quality fish oil||DHA is a building block for healthy brain and eye development.|
|Proven gentle, healthy digestion||High quality ingredients including gentle fibers||Ensure availability of key nutrients and proteins for the healthy development of your kitten.|
|Healthy development of vital organs||Taurine||Essential amino-acid for strong heart and enhanced vision development,|
|Ideal body weight||Ideal levels of high quality lean protein for kittens in their first year of life||Protein is the building block for lean muscle that helps maintain ideal body condition.|
Daily Feeding Guide
- Helpful Tips
- For kittens/pregnant cats: begin by feeding the suggested daily amount. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- For nursing cats: keep food available at all times.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give her the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your kitten to one of the Hill's® Science Diet® Adult cat foods once she reaches 1 year of age.
- Science Diet Kitten is available in Healthy Development Ocean Fish & Rice Recipe and Indoor dry food varieties. Canned kitten food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 6 months||Growth 7 to 12 months and Pregnancy|
|1 lb (0,5 kg)||1/4 cup (30 g)||1/4 cup (30 g)|
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|3 lb (1,4 kg)||1/2 cup (60 g)||3/8 cup (45 g)|
|4 lb (1,8 kg)||5/8 cup (75 g)||1/2 cup (60 g)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/4 cup (90 g)||5/8 cup (75 g)||1/2 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 cup (120 g)||7/8 cup (105 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 3/8 cups (170 g)||1 1/8 cups (135 g)|
Metabolizable Energy¹ (Caloric Content)
Dry 4201 kcal/kg (510 kcal/per cup ² )
¹Measurement of Usable Energy in a food, which differs substantially from gross caloric content.
² An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Kitten Healthy Development Original contains 4.3 oz. by weight.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken Liver Flavor, Brewers Rice, Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Soybean Mill Run, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine, L-Threonine, L-Arginine, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Soybean Oil, Cysteine, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.